PLEASE RESPECT MY COPYWRITE AND DO NOT COPY OR PIN PHOTOGRAPHS OR TEXT FROM THIS BLOG. THANK YOU.
Click here for more graphics and gifs!

Save Our Hedgehogs

For more information please go to http://www.hedgehogstreet.org/pages/hedgehog-street.html

Wednesday 3 March 2010

My dear old teddy bear ..

When I was a little girl I had a beautiful teddy bear that I loved with all my heart, but I was a naughty little girl who liked the thought of becoming a hairdresser when I grew up. Teddy was so real to me that of course his fur needed trimming, so I can remember finding some scissors and snipping a bit off here and there, and ending up with a thread-bear :O(
(I really was a very naughty girl). He must have had something wrong with him as his fur never grew back again. Eventually poor teddy was forgotten and abandoned, bald, cold and shivering in an out building (sob). A long time later he was found again - but by this time his straw stuffing had become home to a family of mice. Sadly, he and the little family was sent away never to be seen again...I often wonder about dear old teddy and how badly I mistreated him. I also wonder if this is why I have so many now, all with a perfect fur coat, loved and looked after?

And here's photos of some of them....








Do you think that I've made ammends yet?

(Paddington was a gift from my husband before we were married - so he's about 37 years old now. The beautiful Steiff ones were gifts over the years from either my husband or my daughter, but I have to admit that the Merrythoughts ones are my favourites as they are so like my original teddy, but I treasure them all).

I never did become a hairdresser either......

1 comment:

Rob D said...

And we thought that our collection of bedwols was extensive!